Go to “Appearance” and click on “Themes” to see your options.
A “Theme” is the skin you lay over the WordPress ‘skeleton’ to make your site look the way you want it to.
The page you arrive on will show you the themes that come pre-installed, but by clicking on “Add New” you can try out any of thousands of free themes
Go ahead and play for a while:
• Try selecting just one or two criteria. Look and see if you like the themes you are offered, if not, try something different!
I selected “Responsive” so the theme works on mobile devices and “Custom Background” as two options, and got 776 possible themes returned to review:
• If you like a theme, click on the “Preview” link to see it in a larger version. It doesn’t show your text, just the layout you can expect.
• If you want to try the theme on your site, click ‘install’.
• Once you have installed the theme you need to “activate” it so it is on your site
• Once your new theme is activated you will see it listed as your “Current Theme”.
(You can change your theme as often as you like, but once you have settled on a theme, it is wise to keep it for a while so your readers aren’t confused by your constantly changing site.)
• Whichever theme you settle on, the “Themes” area will show you which theme you are currently using, and which themes are also installed and available for use.