One of the easiest things to do is to add “media” to your page. Photos will appear as photos, videos will appear as videos, while document files will appear as links.
- To add a photo, video, sound or pdf document, use the small icon just above the text icon, with the words “Add Media”
- You can drag and drop the photo you want or click on “Select files” and navigate to the place you keep the file you want and select it
- The file you selected will upload and you can add details in the boxes to the right
- It is good practice to add a title to your photos and repeat it as your “Alt text” so the image can be understood by readers for the visually impaired
- Further down the page you can decide on the position on the page and size of the photo
- When you’re set, click on “Insert into Post” (Even when it is a page!)
To add a video, go to YouTube and click on the share link, then copy the highlighted code:
Return to your page and paste the code onto your page, and it will magically insert the video in it’s place!
To add links to pdf files, use the same “add media” button, then upload your pdf. WordPress will create a link for people to be able to download the file from your page.