I love to curl up with a good book and read, but like it or not, books are going digital, and are becoming increasingly popular in electronic forms, and the owners of e-readers are a growing, educated,and wealthy demographic. If you have any thoughts of publishing a book, it would be wise to keep in mind the following statistics:
According to a Harris Poll in March 2012, 29% of US adults who use an e-reader say they usually read more than 20 books in an average year, while a further 21% say they read between 11 and 20 books each year.
Overall, 75% of e-reader users read at least 6 books in a given year, compared with the number read by 42% of non-users.
MediaMark found that among e-reader users, they were more likely than average U.S. adult to:
- Have accessed the Internet outside the home via WiFi or wireless connection (in last 30 days) – by 199%
- Have a household income of $100,000 or more annually: 87%
- Have accessed the Internet using a cell phone or other mobile device (in last 30 days)- by 154%
- Be a heavy internet user- by 116%
- Hold a Bachelor’s or Post-Graduate degree- by 111%
- Be between 35-54 years of ages – by 20%
- Be male – by 16%